Learning by experiencing Escape Rooms: Financial Literacy for Adults
The FLER project aims to enhance financial literacy among adults, especially those living in rural areas, and to improve their skills for making sound financial decisions in everyday life and/or in businesses.
Scenario-Based Learning Courses will provide the project beneficiaries with realistic context and emotional engagement, allowing for a more efficient understanding and retention of financial topics.
The FLER project is expected to enhance sustainable economic development and social welfare by improving the financial well-being of adults with low financial literacy.
According to the OECD/INFE 2020 International Survey of Adult Financial Literacy, Financial Literacy turned out to be low across the 26 sampled economies belonging to 3 different continents, including Europe.
The general objective of FLER project is to:
- Equip low financial literate adults belonging to rural areas with a specific digital learning tool (Virtual Escape Room);
- Host a Scenario-Based Learning (SBL) course on Financial Literacy, which will represent an effective learning approach;
- Provide the learners with realistic context and emotional engagement, thus allowing for a more efficient understanding and retention of financial topics;
- Result: Improve the target group’s financial well-being through enabling them to make sound financial decisions during their everyday life and ongoing and future businesses.
The primary target group of FLER project is represented by low financial literate adults belonging to rural areas.
The project will impact on:
- The general adult education and training sector;
- Adult Training Providers;
- Adult learning experts;
- Public institutions offering services to adult people;
- Organisations with a specific and updated SBL course on Financial Literacy topics.
The results that will be produced will positively impact on adults, because they are designed to exploit an engaging and stimulating learning approach, that will support the active understanding of financial topics, their effective retention and efficient application.
The digital and online modality of the course ensures a great flexibility of learning activities, which is acknowledged to be pivotal to fully customise the training that the project intends to develop to the target group needs.